What I love in the coconut, is that when it’s cooked it scents the room. Just now, my cookies were in the oven and I can’t wait to taste them. When you put them at the table you can fully enjoy these little cookies and with the coconut added, it can’t get much better that.
If you like coconut, you will enjoy these little cookies.
- 60 g of grated coconut
- 125 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 60 g of butter
- 60 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the decoration :
- a little milk,
- grated coconut
- Knead the flour, the yeast, the salt and the butter to blend well together.
- Add the sugar, the coconut and the egg melted in a little milk . Knead the whole to obtain a homogeneous paste. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 4 to 5 mm.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with coconut. Cut out squares of 3 cm side (I used a cookie cutter).
- Bake in moderate oven for ten minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool on a grid .